1. No, everyone is NOT doing it.
2. Because it will, eventually, catch up with you.
3. You find greater happiness from little things – especially when you’re not trying to one-up what you did yesterday.
4. Financially stretched = emotionally stressed.
5. The Jones’ are about to run out of money. Why keep up with them?
6. Hey – did you hear? There’s a recession out there. It isn’t cool to spend money you don’t have anymore.
7. Once you take control, you can spend on the things you enjoy and, since you can afford them, you’ll enjoy them even more.
8. Savings give you options. Who doesn’t like having choices?
9. It’s kind of fun to have a bank account with more digits before the decimal point than after it.
10. If you spend less when you make more, you can spend more when you make less.